Specialist, academic and researcher in 3D Design, Parametric Design and Digital Fabrication, teaching Design and Fabrication in undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Member of the Jury at the Grand Prix du Design 2021, Canada.
Author of the book Simplified Complexity – Method for advanced NURBS modeling with Rhinoceros, available worldwide in English, Spanish and Italian.
Author of Parametric Architecture (definition) in Encyclopedia of Contemporary Art, Istituto dell’Enciclopedia Italiana, Treccani, 2021.
Speaker in various international congresses:
- XVI Congreso Internacional UAM 2022
- IASS 2021
- ATRICA 2020
- Design Principles & Practices 2020
- Architecture Across Boundaries 2019
- IASS 2019
- Talent Land 2019
- XII Congreso Internacional UAM 2018
- IASS 2018
- Design Principles & Practices 2018
- World Design Summit 2017
- Immagini? 2017
- Campus Party 2016
- Semana Nacional del Emprendedor 2016
Invited lecturer (Universities):
- Informed Fabrics, The Bartlett – UCL, London, UK
- Parametric Design and Digital Fabrication, UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico
- Parametric Design – Simulation and prorotyping of complex shapes, UDLAP, Puebla, Mexico
- Parametricism? – Evolutions of parametric design, UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico
- Simplified Complexity – Advanced 3D Design, UAM, Mexico City, Mexico
International workshops and summer schools:
- Autodesk Revit Architecture, basic course – XJTLU, Suzhou, China
- Autodesk Revit Architecture, advanced course, Energy Analysis – XJTLU, Suzhou, China
- Advanced Parametric Design, Physic Simulation and Digital Fabrication – ControlMad, Madrid, España
- Digital Jewelry Design – NSAD, San Diego, CA, USA
CAD and BIM consultant (Architecture, Design, Engineering).
Process and product innovation consultant (Architecture, Industrial Design, Product Design).
Certified McNeel ART and Autodesk Revit Architecture trainer.
Giancarlo Di Marco is open to new challenging collaborations worldwide.
- Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Suzhou, China – Senior Associate Professor
- NewSchool of Architecture and Design, San Diego, CA, USA – Continuous Education, Workshops
- Controlmad, Madrid, Spain – Training, Parametric Design for Fabrication
- CEDIM, Monterrey, N.L., Mexico – Contract Professor of Parametric Design
- Centro, Mexico City, Mexico – Contract Professor of Parametric Design and Digital Fabrication in undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Confindustria, Italy – Sr. Advisor for Product and Process Innovation